Thursday, May 19, 2016

Week of 5/9-5/15

This was a weird running week! My in-laws and friends were coming to visit and I was on call for work but I was still going to try to run a 10k in the morning on Saturday and a 5k at night. When real life happened, however, I realized that staying up til 2 the night before and planning a full day of fun with them on Saturday, it was just not a good idea for me to tire myself out and try to run those races and just be tired and miserable! I need to just be content being with people and not try to make it a "who can do the most stuff ever in life?!" competition (which is my baseline and how I've always been). I was still on the fence about it until Friday night when we were going to bed and Brad just said "Make it a donation. You just paid that race entry money to support those two causes and just call it a day. Spend time with us tomorrow." and I was sold. He knows how badly I wanted to race but how miserable I would've been had I gotten 4 hours of sleep and exhausted my body and then interrupted our dinner by running another! And I appreciate that.

Anyway I had a decent week of training anyway. Right now is all about maintaining and just HAVING FUNNNNN running (a lost concept!) I signed up for a Friday night 5k on June 10th (should be fun.. it's an inaugural event and supports a local park and I'd like to experience a post-work race just because it'll be different) and possibly a trail 5k on that following Sunday, but we will see!There is also a trail half marathon on June 19th that I may attempt--I should probably get in a couple of 12-milers if I'm going to do it for sure. Bachelorette parties, concerts, weddings, and baby showers are where my mind will be for the next couple of months, as well as some "welcome home parties" and general trips to visit friends, so running "fun" will be a priority for sure, and just a way for me to keep my sanity.

Anyway,
Monday & Tuesday: Rest--due to just general exhaustion!

Wednesday: 2 Miles in 19:58 and then 30 min upper body lift

Thurs: 2.75 AM in 26:00, 5 mi PM (crazy humidity!! was so excited it started pouring down halfway through. I did 12x200m with active recoveries--47:35 total time)

Fri: 3 mi... took a RUNch... it was the most perfect day and I literally just pulled over and changed. Sunny, 70 degree days don't happen every day and I had to take advantage! Ended up being an awesome "steady-state" run with 8:29 pace! I went out too fast for someone who was going to run the next day but I just went with it!! Days like these are why I run!

Sat: 1 mi hike + eating like a pig all day AKA quality time with people I love!

Sun: 3 mi in 26:23 (8:48 pace--felt awesome! my speed is def coming back) and then 30 min upper body and 20 min lower body!

Only 15 miles running this week but they were quality and I had 3 weight sessions that also rocked! Loving this definition in my upper body esp :D

No comments:

Post a Comment